Attending 41st MMSU Foundation Annivesary

            I woke up earlier than two of my roomates and got ready. After finishng everything, I had breakfast with my home-made “gulai” from Indonesia. They were made by my mom. Everyone also had their breakfast. After having breakfast, we walked together to Iloca Teatro to attend the event of MMSU. I could feel the air of the Philippines. It was so fresh! I even never feel the wind like this in Indonesia. I do not often walk to some places, but going to MMSU by walking did not make me sweating. I thought I would be healthier to live here.
            We arrived at the Ilocano Teatro and sit together in two lines of 16 student teacher from Indonesia. Some of us wore batik and Filipinos were amazed and praised our batik costume. They also use their traditional clother of the Philippines. They were so beatiful in their costume. So did the President of MMSU. She always beautiful.
Attending 41st MMSU Foundation Anniversary and wearring Indonesian batik

           
The event started at 09.00 a.m. The eveny of MMSU was the 41st Foundation Anniversary of MMSU with the theme: Globalizing to ACHIEVE. 7 point agenda of MMSU was “ACHIEVE”: A= Academic Exceleence; C= Creative, Relevant, and Innovative Research Programs; H= High Impact and Transformative Extension and Outreach Programs; I= Improved Revenue Generation and Resource Management; E= Expanded and Strengthened External Linkages and Partnerships; V= Vibrant and Engaging, Culturally-Focused University Campus, and; E= Effective and Efficient Management. The first session of the event was the PRAISE Awarding Ceremony. These awards were awarded to those who had high achievements and were dedicated to the MMSU.
Vision, Mission, and 7-Point Gaenda of MMSU

            It was a break time for the session one and would begin again at 2 p.m for the next session. We went back to the mansion and had lunch together. After having lunch, I prayed then did my laundry. We got ready again before going back to the Iloca Teatro.
            After arriving at the Iloca Teatro, I saw the guests had changed their costume into more informal or more casual and so did the presiident of the MMSU. When it was a snack time, we were given a snack like meat sandwiches and some of us were already hold it in their hand. Suddenly, a man behind us who had already ate his snack told us that the snack contained pork so it was not halal. Fortunately, they had not ate it yet so they gave it back to the ladies who distribute the snack to the guests. We were only given mineral water then. A moment later, someone came to us and gave us a cupcake for each since we had not ate anything at snack time and said that the snack was halal. We thanked the man so much because he understood us very well that we can not eat non-halal food. The cupcake so delicious also and even my friends wanted to have more.

            The second session started at 2 p.m and the president delivered her speech to the audience. This session also presented some beautiful performance of the Philippines. Three traditional dances and a singing performance from the 1st runner up singer at Coaches Got Talent comepetition named James G. Ventura III, performed their performances beautifully.



            We were so happy and took some pictures in front of Iloca Teatro before going back o the mansion. I have not seen any event like this. An event like big awards to those dedicated people of a university. Their event were also well-prepared and seemed perfect just like international awards. I hope my school would have this awarding event too.
           

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini