6 .      Summary and Suggestions
6.1  Purposes of Practicum
Purposes of this exchange programe practicum are :
1.   To enable pre-service student teachers to develop their teaching skills and pedagogy.
2.   To encourage the pre-service student teachers  to practice their English skills.
3.   To allow the pre-service student teachers to gain a broader regional and world wide view.
6.2  Procedures of Practicum
Ma’am Estrella Luis divided 8 of us into 5 group which each group has it own TTI. Me and Ninda’s TTI was Ma’am Philistia Mercuria P. Bagayas or Ma’am Lis. She introduced me to other student teachers who would be our buddies during our internship. She invited me to observe her class which was handled by the other student teacher. Ma’am Lis is an English and a Mathematic teacher. She teaches each subject three times a week.
                Our first meeting started with talking about the school’s schedule and the regularities of the school. Some of points noted from the first meeting were:
·         Student teacher would do the observation from February 29th – February 31st.
·         Student teacher would do the teaching practice and teaching assistant from February 6th – February 14th.
·         There would be Valentine’s Day on February 14th, so there would be no learning activities on that day.
·         School would start at 07.30 a.m. on Monday and Friday because there would be flag ceremony on Monday and flag retreat on Friday.
·         Every subject only has one hour of learning time.
·         The rest of the day would start at 08.00. therefore, we had to come beofre the time.
·         The break time would start at 11.00 a.m until 01.00 p.m. Since we did not have a place to pray and we could not bring our lunch to the school, we were allowed to go home at 11.00 a.m. and go back before 01.00 p.m.
·         I was given the opportunity to teach English for grade 5. Ninda was given the opportunity to teach Mathematics for grade 5.
·         We would be given some examples of lesson plans and topics of teaching
6.3  Outcomes of Practicum                                          
            Before teaching in MMSU LES, I felt not confidence since I did not have experience in teaching elementary students. I was afraid that the students would ignore me as their teacher because I would not be long to teach there. My TTI always gave me motivation, suggestion and evaluation, so that I can improve my self in teaching.
            After having teaching practice in MMSU LES, I found it was interesting to teach elementar school since the student understood me well. I learned from my TTI that teacher do not need to know everything, do not afraid of making mistake, do not be ashamed can not speak in English fluently. I got much valuable knowledge and many unforgotable expreiences and moments.
6.4  The Challanges of Practicum
            I found some challenges in teaching. First, the differences of language and mother tongue between me and the students. They have their own accent of English so sometimes me or the students could not get what we were talking about. Some of the students are using English in their home so that they speak English more fluent than the other students and they can not speak Ilocano or Tagalog as well as the other students.
                The next challenge was I had to teach within 60 minutes. The time was really short for me. But it was a challenge for me to manage my time n classroom.
                The participation of the students was a challenge for me since almost 80% of the student were very active. The challenge was the students shoul be wisely-choosed when they wanted to ask, answer, volunteer, or explain something.
6.5  Overall Impression
            After passing all of steps, I felt so happy. I felt so happy because I was selected to be one of representations from Bengkulu for SEA-Teacher Bacth 7. I felt so happy to be welcomed, serviced, accomodated, and invited to many events by Mariano Marcos State University. I felt so happy to be assigned at MMSU LES and to be one of teacher of grade 5. This is the most extraordinary exprience I have ever had.
6.6  Suggestion and Future Improvement
            I do not have many suggestions for the school, because the school is already well-facilitated and well-structured so that the learning process and delivery of the lesson can be conducted and handled in the best way. But in my opinion, one of the facilities like comfort room need to be improved so the students, the teachers or even visitors will be comfortable when they are using the comfort room.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini