5.      Teaching Practice
5.1  Procedure of Teaching
            There are 6 procedures that have to be followed during teaching practice. They are motivation, presentatiom, discussion, generalization, application and evaluation. Each procedures has different activites and different purposes.
                In motivation session, I gave the students like opening activity which was related to the topic of the lesson. The activity used media or material that had been prepared before. I did not mention the topic of the lesson everytime I started my class. Given “warming up” activity like that, the students would be able to connect their background knowledge and to what activities that they were doing. After giving the activity, I asked the students what topic was that. I also asked the students’ opinion about what came in their mind about the topic such as the definition of adjectives, examples of adjectives, how to use adjectives, etc.
Motivation session

                After giving the activity. It was time to give presentation about the topic. The students were assigned to pay attention during the explanation of the topic. I always used powerpoints and projector.to explain my topic. I also checked the students’ undersanding during the explanation by asking them questions or asking to give more examples.
Explanation session


                After the whole points of presentation had been presented, it was time for the discussion session. In discussion session, I always use questions or problems to be solved and discussed together. I also gave extra examples in this session in order to make deeper undertstanding to the students.
                The next procedure is generalization. In this session. The students were asked about what had been learnt, what can they get from the topic of the lesson, etc. This session determined how far the student understood about the lesson.
                The next procedure is application. Application session tends to be group activity this session is needed to make the students understand what, when, wherw, who, why, and how to use it which is related to the topic of the lesson. This activity should be done in group so they had to work together to solve the problem.
Application session
                The last procedure is evaluation. In this session, the students’ were assigned to do individual sheets that mesure their overall understanding of the lesson. The students’ were given individual sheets. They had to do it individually within time that I gave to them.
5.2  Time Management and Activities Organization
Motivation                              : 5 minutes
Presentation                            : 20 minutes
Discussion                               : 10 minutes
Generalization                         : 5 minutes
Application                             : 10 minutes
Evaluation                               : 10 minutes

5.3  Problem Solving
           There were some ways that I gave to the students as the problem solving. By asking questions to the students, discussing the answer of questions with the students, dividing into groups and asking them to do it together  were some ways that I used for problem solving.
5.4  Classroom Management
            Since I was assigned to teach elementary students, I do believe that it is not as easy as I think. Behavior between students of elementary school and students of secondary school are surely different. That is the reason to consider about the classroom management.
            Just before I start the class, I told the students that I have rules to be obeyed. Fisrt, students were not allowed to move from their seats. Second, the students were not allowed to be noisy. If the students are noisy and they move from their seat, I will say “one silent clap” and they did the gestures I did. I worked enough for the students in grade 5 since they were not noisy as I thought before. One type of classroom management that I used in my last teaching practice was arranging the students’ seat into u-shaped. It was purposed to make all of the students could be seen and seats arrangement was related to the topic of the lesson that day.
U-shaped seats


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini